17 April 2007

in the making


I started making this robe/dressing gown last week. I have wanted to make one since
going to the Mapua Easter Fair and seeing some made with really beautiful fabrics. And then I found this green apple set of sheets at the op shop and I new I had to attempt the robe. I have not used a pattern, which I know is stupid. I seem to just wing it when it comes to sewing, but most of the time it doesn't work out. To my surprise, this did work out. I have lined it with green flannel for those cold nights I will be getting up to tend to baby. And now I just have to ad the finishing touches such as pockets and cuffs. I have to say I am proud of myself.
Another thing I attempted last week was knitting a cable. I always found the idea quite daunting, but actually found it was way easier then it looks. Just a matter of following the instructions. The only problem here was that I knew I was going to run out of wool, so I had to make this poncho shawl thingy very short. Turns out the only thing I like about it are the buttons. Oh well, at least I learned a new knitting skill. I must go and eat a snack now. I have been craving popcorn ever since I walked by the movie theatre yesterday.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so brave trying cable and it turned out really well. The robe looks fantastic too.

Anonymous said...

Both those things look amazing Amelia. Green apples...very nice. Isn't it great when you come across such cool finds in the op-shop?

Rachael.

kimberlee said...

I am glad to see you are posting again and making such beautiful things! I am not sure if I have ever left a comment here before but hi, I am Kimberlee:) I love love love those moccasins truly madly deeply love them!! and the lantern is a fantabulous idea too!.

Congrats on the pregnancy, Looks like your baby is going to enter into a very stylin' world.

-kimberlee

Anonymous said...

gorgeous robe- clever you! i can't wait to use my bit of the apple fabric you shared with me. thank you!