20 April 2007

i'm so bored

I know that I should be enjoying this quiet time because it will never be like this again, but I am really bored. I try filling my days with doing crafty bits and doing things that I have been wanting to get around to. But all day, my mind is filled with thoughts: like what is my labour going to be like, am I in labour now, oh my god, I still don't have a baby bath!! Which really doesn't matter, cause the bubs will most likely end up just getting washed in the kitchen sink, but my point is that I think I am over spending so much time with myself.

I made it to the library today and got a few knitting books. One has the most amazing photographs for a knitting book, I'll have to post some pics of it next time. I thought I would attempt this cute bunny found in a book by Erika Knights. I have been wanting to knit a soft toy for a while and am happy I finally found a good pattern. Although, I am not so sure about those eyes, maby buttons would be better.

I also had my weekly trip to the op shop. They had a $2 fill a bag sale, which I would love to take advantage of, but the big belly thing always discourages me from looking at clothes because I usually can't find any that fit. But I did find this beautiful brightly colored baby sling. It is in very good condition and you just can't go wrong when something is only $2.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby slings are great and they ensure you'll not spend any time alone after the birth of your baby!!

I was so bored by the end of my first pregnancy I watched soap operas and chat shows. Oh the shame of it.

I hope you are feeling good (apart from the boredom).

Rachael.

Anonymous said...

have you just had a baby or are you on uni holiday or something?

Anonymous said...

sorry silly of me.... I read down further

Unknown said...

wowee . that baby sling is a great find. maybe its a sign, are you in labour now?

-Kimberlee