24 April 2007

another day








As promised, here are a few pictures from the 'Loop-d-Loop' knitting book by Teva Durnham. Not only are the knitting projects a little on the odd side, but the pictures are as well. I love it. I've had enough of the fuzzy pictures of pasty children in pastel coloured knits. I really like this scarf, but the pattern is so confusing, I don't think I should attempt it. And how about this guy, not something you see everyday.

And here is my finished robe. I do like how it has turned out and it has served it's purpose for the cold Autumn mornings. I am now working on knitting up the velvet bunny, I will post about that soon.

How is it I had months of no motivation to do anything productive with my hands, no inspirational ideas and absolutely not a single drop of creative blood running through my veins, and now all of a sudden I have a million things I want to do and just have to get done before this baby is born?! I guess it's part of that whole nesting thing. I've got it bad, sometimes cleaning the house at 2 am. The littlest things bug me, like when Matt puts the hand towel back on the rack crooked. And I've got a box of perfectly good dishes I am about to take to the op shop because they have small chips in them. Ridiculous.
I just wanted to thank everyone who visits my blog and to the comments you have all made. Rachael, I have discovered reruns of Beverly hills 90210 and Melrose Place on in the afternoons which has become a guilty pleasure in these last few weeks

4 comments:

blackie said...

Fab robe! I've got that knitting book out of the library before and was rather bemused by the hair-dos and expressions of the models. Not quite sure what the concept was behind it all!

Anonymous said...

well you know Amelia, all that time you have been extraordinarily creative - you've been fermenting a little being.

yep, got to love that trashy television to numb the mind and take up a few hours. I suspect we're not the only ones.

Thank-you so much for sharing that wonderful photograph of your berobed pregnant self - it's lovely.

xxRachael.

Unknown said...

hmmm... i'm wondering... lovely picture of you and your belly but have you lost your head or what?
i have my ticket!!!!!!
i'm so excited i can't stand it!
gotta rub the buddha belly!
cool robe, too, sweetie.
you blow me away!
xoxox mum

kimberlee said...

ahhh loop-d-loop, I love you so! I really should buy a copy instead of continually checking it out from the library and photo copying the patterns I want. :)

that robe looks fabulous. it some how mangages to be quirky and glamorous at the same time.

_kimberlee