26 April 2007

loved and not so loved

Yesterday was ANZAC day and we went to a friends bbq. I think we all ate way to much food for lunch and then continued to stuff ourselves full of cakes. It was a beautiful sunny day, a good one to spend with friends. Needless to say, no crafting yesterday. I thought I might share a few things about my house. Well, one thing I love and another...ah.. not so much loved thing.

We live in an old renevated villa. They kept all the old doors and moldings on the inside of the house. And I am pleased to say they kept the ones on the outside too. I love the front of our house, but we don't spend a single moment out here. The reason being that it is a very busy street and there is no privacy. We often wake up to beer cans and rubbish thrown over the fence on Sunday mornings. I still would like to put some planters and maby a bench out there because at the moment , it doesn't even look like anyone lives here. Whenever I move into a place, I always think 'if I owned it, I would do', well in this case it would be planting a lot of tall trees in the front.

One thing that is not so loved, these curtains! They are so hideous. Luckily, for the rest of the house, we have been able to find decent looking curtains and these are just in the spare room. It is one of those things I am always looking for second hand.

2 comments:

kimberlee said...

oh what a beautiful place.

i am not going to argue with you on the curtains.
:)
-kimberlee

Anonymous said...

hey! is that on the corner of ummmm.... dammnit i can't thik of either of the street names! But just accross from the rose gardens? It looks just like a place we used to walk past every day and say ' god when are they going to ever finish fixing that place?'.
Oh and I looove the robe and the belly sweet lady. I didn't relalise you'd started blogging again! I've been missing out!
I wish I could have been there last night. So sad to have missed it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get down well.. sometime this year. It's looking less and less likely to be anytime soon thanks to broken technology which needs replacing!
I'll be thinking of you though! xx