12 April 2007

feeling loved


I got a knock on the front door today and it was a package sent from family friends in Wyoming. I opened up the box to find a baby shower with in itself! I am so touched. I knew they were sending something, but I had no idea of the extent. The hard part is waiting for Matt to get home so we can open all the gifts together.

Dusty, the matriarch of the family, makes the most beautiful things. She made us this quilt for a wedding gift. You can tell she really puts a lot of time and love into the things she crafts. Matt and I have talked about doing a road trip in the States and visiting them would be a must. They built there own rammed earth home and have an amazing garden. I always remember getting Christmas parcels from them and they would send us the best popcorn from their harvest. I will have to post the open presents tomorrow, I have got a few hours till he gets off work.

No comments: