10 April 2007

hello


Well, it has been a while! Almost 3 months. My excuse is that things have just been a little crazy and I honestly have not had much interest in crafting. But I finally started getting into the need to make things again. I have a few projects on. One, being a cardigan for the baby, that has taken me way longer then expected and when I went to sew the last bit on, it didn't work out. I have tried to fix it, but I think I need to focus on something else and come back to it later.
The other project was this fabric lantern I sewed up. I had these little bits of beautiful fabric but it wasn't enough to make anything substantial. So I thought I would give this idea a go and it actually turned out okay. I have another one to make that I will post when it's finished. I really wanted to put these over our lights, but I am afraid it might catch fire, so they will just have to be pretty hanging things.
I also started an Etsy shop under the name evesbijoux. I stopped doing the market a while back and I have all this jewellery collecting dust. It is strange not working or doing the market, I am not used to not contributing to the bills. I thought Etsy might be a good way to do that.
I have got a little over 5 weeks left till the baby is 'due'. I am looking forward to having my baby in my arms and not in my body. I guess you could say I have reached the point of being over being pregnant.

4 comments:

blackie said...

the lantern looks fab. Best of luck for the final countdown!

Anonymous said...

that is such a fabulous lantern. Where did you get the idea from?

Eve's Bijoux said...

Thanks Kate. I just came up with it one day. I used a thick wire circle for the bottom and a thin one for the top so it keeps shape. An easy project if you don't know how to sew, like me.

Anonymous said...

welcome back to blogging- nice to see your creations again. i love the lantern- a great idea for using small pieces of fabric.