02 December 2006

okay, now the crafty bits

This is a "quilt" that I have been working on for Matt and myself. I know, you're thinking I should be making quilts for the baby. Well, this is the first project I have ever used a sewing machine for and I figure making mistakes on things for me is okay. Mistakes oh plenty! The main one being the squares are not all the same size. Please, anyone who knows how to quilt, don't look to closely at this picture. This is very difficult for me because I am a bit of a perfectionist, but this is a learning experience, right? I am learning that all those fancy expensive quilting tools might be a good purchase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous patchwork Amelia. I don't think it matters too much if the squares don't match up exactly- adds to the character. How will you quilt/finish it?