04 December 2006

french toast and earings


I sat at my jewellery desk for the first time in a while yesterday. I came up with these earings. The discs are bone and wood. I really like how they have turned out, so I might just have to make some for the market stall. I am thinking that pendants in this style might look good as well.

After visiting Creative Kismet, I have been on a search for

yummy vegan french toast. I finally found one at Recipe Zaar. One thing I would omit/change, do not send 1 husband to store for stale french bread. Your outcome will be fresh unsliced whole meal bread.
1 cup soy milk
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp nutri yeast/brewers yeast
1 tsp vanilla extact
1 tsp cinnamon
Mix it all together, dip in bread, cook up, suggested serving with maple syrup and strawberries. I was really surprised how this tasted like the french toast I used to have as a kid, you'd never know it was vegan.

2 comments:

Regina said...

I'll send you the recipe soon! Have to go to bed now :)

Anonymous said...

so nice to 'see' you back here, Amelia. Congratulations on your baby news too.

We were very excited, last weekend, when we went to a cafe we haven't been to before, to discover they had not just one or two glutenn free things but an entire gluten free menu. Luke (aged 10) was so stunned he couldn't really decide. Usually he has to have fries. Anyway he had gluten free french toast and he loved. I am definitely going to try your recipe.

I really like all things bone at the moment - lovelt earrings.

Rachaelxx