07 December 2006

denial




The other day, I made my very first shirt. No pattern, just kind of winged it. I had one mistake towards the end, a twisted strap, but I unpicked and fixed it. When I was finished, I was so pleased with myself. Isn't it pretty?



Am I in denial? Did I not think to make sure the shirt would actually fit my new puffy self? Well, as you can see, I am sad. That is my best pout, I am not pulling an Angelina Jolie. I will have to take this to a clothes swap and hope someone with a smaller frame enjoys it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a pretty top- I'm sory it doesn't fit. You should keep it though because by next summer it will fit!
x M

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Amelia! So good to see you back!

I'm still enjoying the delights you sent for our colour swap!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has sewing disasters - check out the 'mutant bunny' post on my new blog for two of them!

& congratulations on the baby!

xx Helen

Anonymous said...

Awww Amelia. You're adorable and I'm so, so glad you're back in blogland! We've missed you!
Melissa's right. The top WILL fit one day (it might be a little while off but you'll get there, promise.)
So looking fwd to all your bloggy goodness, and beautiful jewellery (I wore my necklace out on fri and got so many compliments). Not to mention lots of lovely preggy photos! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi! I got to know you thru' Melissa. I got a pair of earrings made by you from her parcel. It's very pretty.
Congrats on the baby! :-)

Anonymous said...

oh dear me, not only are you sporting the Angelina Jolie pout, but you've managed to imitate her boobs as well!