15 December 2006

Mental health day

This weekend, we had two work Christmas parties. One of them was out of town, so we stayed the night at a hostel in Motueka. We went to their local Sunday market, at which I saw about 20 people from Nelson. And then we spent the day driving to one of my favorite beaches, Pohara. I know summer is coming, cause I have a sunburn and bug bites.


Matt and I still have our Christmas tree from last year, which was planted in a pot that was way to small for it's growing roots. So I have re potted it, and brought it inside to decorate. It is about a foot taller and grown crooked, but it is a Christmas tree just the same. I imagine we will hall this tree around with us until we buy a house where we can plant it.
Something we don't have is decorations. I made this felt tree the other night which I thoroughly enjoyed, reminds me of the good old hand sewing days. I decided to try to sew some felt on to a t-shirt for my niece's Christmas present. A pink and purple (her fav colours) flower.
We have had such a busy week, I have taken a 'mental health day' off work. I plan on getting our Christmas cards ready to send out, I know, just a little procrastination. I've got some other errands to run, but I think I will squeeze in taking the dog to the beach and going to the library.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How will the felt on the t-shirt wash? I've always assumed that felt would get totally fuzzy in the wash.

Eve's Bijoux said...

To be honest, washing the shirt didn't even cross my mind. Most things don't these days. Maby I will do a trial run and let you know how it goes.