18 September 2007

four season scarf


I sent my sister a parcel for her and the kids birthdays in July. I necklace for Oona, a school bag for Aiden and a 4 season scarf for my sis. I embroidered 4 sections of the scarf with different flowers keeping the season theme in mind. I don't know why, but I enjoy embroidering. I guess it's because it's fiddly, intricate and takes forever to finish.

To be honest, I wish I had kept this scarf for myself. I think I unconsciously made it with myself in mind, not my sister. I know it's not really her style, but I hope she still enjoys it.

I went on an early morning (7:30) walk with the dog and Isabella. It's pretty cloudy but not too cold. I would love to role out of bed and have the motivation to do this every morning, we will see.

1 comment:

kimberlee said...

its hard to give stuff away after you've spent time making it, it's easy to get attached. I hope you do make this scarf for yourself someday:) it's lovely. I like the concept of it being for 4 seasons.

-kimberlee
early morning walks, good on you!