17 September 2007

birthdays

It was my birthday yesterday.I had a lot of surprises in store. One of them being a little party with some close friends. I enjoyed the good company, afternoon champagne and watching the children playing outside in the 'rain' with their umbrellas.


A few months ago I had seen this blue guitar in a shop window and had mentioned that I would learn how to play if I owned that guitar. The last thing I expected was for my hubby to get it for me for my birthday! But what a lovely surprise. Now I have to hold up my end of the deal and learn how to play.


I also got some really lovely gifts from my lovely friends. These flowers have reminded me that Spring is my favorite season. I think flowers can change the whole atmosphere of a room. I'm going to try and have fresh flowers in the house over the next few months.


Yesterday has restored my faith in birthdays. I haven't really had a good one for a few years. After being pregnant for last years, I had come to terms with the fact that it will most likely just end up being another day. But it was more then that thanks to Matt and good friends.

2 comments:

kimberlee said...

that guitar is gorgeous! happy birthday

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Amelia. I'm a September babe too. I'm glad your day was filled with fun and surprises.

Rachael.