04 May 2007

a sunny day at last



I awoke this morning with the urge to paint. This is odd, because I am not a painter and I sure as hell can't draw. I took a water colour class about 7 years ago and that was the last time I have held a paint brush to paper. I figured I must do whatever my pregnant self is feeling like at the moment, so I went and bought some acrylics and canvas paper. Our bedroom walls are pretty much bare at the moment, so I thought I would let the flowers on our curtains inspire me. I am not quite finished and I don't know how I feel about it, but I did enjoy doing it. It was the first sunny day in a while and so I sat outside and painted. I never realised it would be so relaxing. My painting may look juvenile but I enjoyed it so much that I will continue to paint on a regular bases.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's really awesome Amelia, what a nice thing to do outside on a sunny day. nothing like some good rays on a big belly and some fresh air : )

Anonymous said...

great that you're painting - so worthwhile