30 April 2007

Je suis un lapin




Wow, it has not warmed up at all today. Not much natural sunlight to take pictures in either. I finished the bunny. He is so very soft. I didn't follow the pattern exactly. I wanted to make him stripy and with floppy ears. I enjoyed knitting something other then a scarf and I guess I like how he turned out.

I also started making these 'baby announcement' cards. I was so excited when I woke up at 4am and thought of this idea. But I don't know about how they look now that I have made a few. It is that old side of the fist trick, dipped in fabric paint, pressed on fabric and then sewed onto a card. Does it look like a babies foot to you? That is the point I was trying to get across. Speaking of babies feet, the novelty of getting kicked in the stomach 80 times a day has warn off.

4 comments:

kimberlee said...

I am uber inpressed with the knitted rabit!

I love the baby announcememt cards though I didn't think baby feet until you said it.

I can't imagine being kicked in the stomach. period. let alone 80 times a day. yowser.
-kimberlee

Anonymous said...

ahh, the baby kicks in the stomach. now like a long-forgotten dream to me... thank goodness...

i am so impressed with that rabbit. very cute! can't wait to see him in real life!

Anonymous said...

Ohh I just wrote out a big comment and the stupid computer lost it!
I think I said that the bunny was awesome, that you were incredible for making announcement cards (I barely sent out an e-mail!).
I also said that I miss the kicking. Even the rib/kidney kicking kicking. I don't miss the acid reflux, the back and pelvic pain, the weak bladder or the weight gain but I doooo miss the kicking : P

Anonymous said...

I didn't so much like the kicking but I did enjoy seeing the shape of the little feet and hands. I remember very clearly a particular time when one of the babies did a big roll and I could see the little elbow making it's way rather painfully from one side to the other. But not long to go now Amelia.

And of course I love that rabbit. Clever you!

Rachael.